Student FAQs

What is the difference between using HYBR vs a letting agency?

Unlike traditional letting agencies and other accommodation platforms, HYBR specialises in the student market, we offer a broad range of properties and prices, available only for students. We offer around the clock support for free to our students. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond guiding students to help you understand your obligations, avoid disputes and fines further down the line. We offer subletting, helping you get out of contracts and we are flexible with rental contracts. We will work our hardest to make your life easier! Rely on us throughout your time at Uni.

How do I use HYBR?

Sign up to join HYBR and get updated when we upload new properties. Scroll through all the properties listed on the platform. You can filter and find your dream home, book a viewing or reach out to our customer service and describe what you are after and we will get back to you with various available options.

Once we have helped you find the perfect place to rent, then we will sort out your Assured Tenancy Agreement,  your referencing checks and safely store your deposits in a Deposit Protection Scheme. We also can help you find cleaners or handy men throughout the year if anything goes wrong.

What is a guarantor? Do I need one?

Yes, you will need a guarantor. A guarantor is someone who agrees to pay your rent. For example, a parent or close relative. If you don't pay your landlord what you owe them, they can demand your guarantor to pay on your behalf. Please read your tenancy agreement or your separate guarantor agreements, which sets out the guarantor's legal obligations.

How much is a deposit?

Typically, a deposit is one month’s rent. Or, 3-5 weeks.

Do I have to pay a 12-month contract?

Most of our landlords would prefer you entered into a 10-12-month contract. You can sublet through HYBR when you’re not there if you’re strapped for cash. Some of our landlords are happy for shorter lets but please get in touch to ask whether that is the case!

Can I sub-let my room?

Yes, the HYBR platform allows subletting but make sure you have permission from your landlord! Or, ask us for advice.

How much are bills?

Landlords should be able to provide a rough idea of how much bills will be for the property. All-inclusive bills for properties is usually easier but more expensive than sorting them out yourself as there is a mark up or you pay a management fee.

Is Wi-Fi included?

It depends on the property – it will be clear in the property description whether Wi-Fi is included in the price. We also have partnered up with The Bunch to help you sort out your bills.

Who protects my deposit?

Your landlord must protect your deposit using a tenancy deposit protection scheme. It must be a Government approved deposit scheme!

Do I need a TV licence?

Yes, a licence is required to watch any programmes (even if you’re not watching on a TV).

Do I Pay Council Tax?

As you are a student, you should not pay Council Tax and you must remember to fill in this form as soon as you move into your new property. To apply to be Council Tax exempt click here

Let us know if you have any other questions! We're here to help.

find a home